Monday, January 09, 2012

Review: The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen


Title: The Vampire Stalker
Author: Allison Van Diepen
Published: June 1st 2011 by Point

Book Description:

What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?
Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.


My Thoughts:

Have you ever been in love with a fictional character?

       Definitely! I’ve fell in love with at least one character in every book I’ve read and when I found out about The Vampire Stalker’s Synopsis, I can’t help but feel excited. I was glad I found a book about fictional characters coming to life.
          We all know Amy, the protagonist of the story, has been in-love with Hot Vampire Hunter, Alexander Banks. But she never expected the sudden turn of events when she was saved by her very own non-existent hero on her way home from the school dance. It was every book fanatic’s dream come true.
          Amy knows it’s impossible, but seeing Alexander in the flesh proved that he really does exist. But knowing Vigo Skaar, the book’s main antagonist was also in her world was another thing. And she knows everyone’s in danger if they don’t stop him.
          I had high expectations for this book. I kept on turning the pages during the first parts, but that didn’t continue until the end. I found Amy’s character boring. She really didn’t do much in the book except drool over Alex, and try helping him, (although most of her “help” only caused more trouble to them). I like Alex though. He’s cool, strong and determined. You can really see how much he had changed throughout the book from the serious, brooding type, to someone who actually has a sense of humor and a romantic.
          Truthfully, I was disappointed with this book. I wish the “Otherworld” was explored more, and I wanted more action scenes. The ending didn’t even gave me any impact, and I was like, “That’s it?”
          This book could’ve been better if Amy’s character was more developed, and the plot less “cliché”.

I’ll give it 2 Whales.   


     

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs