Friday, January 13, 2012

Review- A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark 1) by Jocelyn Davies


Title: A Beautiful Dark ( A Beautiful Dark 1)
Author: Jocelyn Davies
Published: September 27 2011 by Harper Teen

Book Description:
On the night of Skye's seventeenth birthday, she meets two enigmatic strangers. Complete opposites;like fire and ice;Asher is dark and wild, while Devin is fair and aloof. Their sudden appearance sends Skye's life into a tailspin. She has no idea what they want, or why they seem to follow her every move only that their presence coincides with a flurry of strange events. Soon she begins to doubt not just the identity of the two boys, but also the truth about her own past.
In the dead of a bitingly cold Colorado winter, Skye finds herself coming to terms with the impossible secret that threatens to shatter her world. Torn between Asher, who she can't help falling for, and Devin, who she can't stay away from, the consequences of Skye's choice will reach further than the three of them could ever imagine.

My Thoughts:
    
              Their incredible secret will shatter her world and change the fate of the entire universe.
              
         The cover is breathe taking!! I was really drawn into it. I was hoping the story won't spoil the beautiful cover. Well, The story is not unique. I read some other stories with almost the same plot... I was a bit disappointed. The story starts with two guys who suddenly showed up, their identity was kept secret for awhile. They were protecting Skye from some mythological destiny. There were many unanswered questions in the book and there were times when I really wanted it to get to the point. Though, I love how the author put some mythology in it. I do love the names of the characters. Skye, Devin and Asher. 
        There are 3 major characters in the book. Skye is the main one, the story revolves around her identity and destiny. She is kind and sweet. The boys are HOT!  Asher is described as a dark one, black hair and eyes. While Devin is the light one, blonde hair and blue eyes. The two boys are very different from one another, opposite in a lot of aspect. 
         So far, the ending gave me a reason to read book two. I admit, I was shocked about it. 
 Overall, this book is a nice read. If you are into mythology and LOVE Triangles. The writing is good but It is too light for my liking. 


I give this book 3 whales.

1 comment:

  1. The only reason that I will read A Fractured Light is because I NEED it to be better than A Beautiful Dark. I really need it to be. I had high hopes for the first book, but it didn't work out so well. Maybe, just maybe, book 2 will be better. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs