Saturday, February 11, 2012

Review: Angelfire (Angelfire #1) by Courtney Allison Moulton


Title: Angelfire (Angelfire #1)
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton
Published: February 15th 2011 by HarperCollins / Katherine Tegen Books

Book Description:

First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.


My Thoughts:


It’s time to awaken and wield the Angelfire…

       Ellie was just your typical, ordinary teenage girl, but not until she started having these strange dreams wherein she fights monsters known as the reapers. Everything worsens when her teacher died a brutal death, followed by the appearance of Will, a mysterious guy who claimed that he is her guardian and it’s his job to protect her.  Weird right? But what’s weirder was when he said that she’s actually a preliator, someone who hunts and kills reapers and she’s been doing this for many years. Ellie couldn’t believe it, but she has no choice but to fight, or a lot of innocent lives will be sacrificed.
                Angelfire consists of some of the elements that I’m looking for in a book. YA Paranormal Romance and a strong female lead. A heroine that kicks butt? Hell Yeah! One of the things that I liked in this book is the fighting scenes. They were written with such details that I can easily imagine them, as if I’m actually watching an action movie.
But unfortunately, it took me a lot of time to finish this. It actually took me a month! That’s the longest time I finished a book! I procrastinated a lot and it didn’t give me enough “motivation” to actually finish it in one sitting. There were some parts that seemed to drag, especially the explanations about the history about reapers, et cetera, and I found myself skipping them. Some were also a bit cliché.
Overall, I don’t hate this book, but I don’t love it either, so I guess I have a neutral feeling about it. Those who love Paranormal Romance and action will probably enjoy this one.

I give this book three whales.





5 comments:

  1. You're definitely right! It was very draggy at the parts when they explained. Unfortunately I gave this book a two only because it's draggy and other great points you put in. Wonderful review! :)

    http://therandomranterer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. I expected a lot from it though and was only disappointed in the end. But the story IS interesting, minus the draggy parts ^^
      Thanks!

      --ICE

      Delete
  2. Ileana A.10:40 PM

    I haven't finish this one! I started it two months ago and I can't really pick this one up. I agree with you about the draggy parts, and I was feeling so bad because I skip some pages too and the female character, Ellie, was a bit annoying :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So I'm not the only one then! It could've been better with the cool concept and all.

    -- ICE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you didn't love it. I loved it, but I admit there were some slow parts of it. I hope that you continue on with the series, though, because book 2 is really good. Great review, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs