Sunday, April 08, 2012

Review: Any love but mine by Debbie Davis

Title: Any Love But Mine
Author: Debbie Davis
Published: March 3rd 2012 by Night Publishing

Book Description:

Look but don't touch has never been more true...

The gods forbade her to love, but love is a powerful force. Acacia has been created purely for Eros' pleasure but discovers within moments of being summoned into his presence that he has no interest in her whatsoever. Rejected, she is banished to Earth to serve as Eros' minion with the task of promoting the blissful state of love among all those around her, a state she must never indulge in with a human being herself on pain of immediate destruction. And then comes Josh, someone whose power of attraction over Acacia is so intense she will find it utterly impossible to resist him. But is he human? Is he a god? Or is he a trick of the gods? And what would happen should they kiss?


My Thoughts:

                Any love but mine tells us the story of Acacia who was created for the god of love, Eros himself, along with two other girls, Amora and Allana. They are called Erosians, and their job is to connect human auras with their true loves. Acacia being the youngest of the three, she wonders why she’s deprived of love, yet she’s giving it to everyone, and because of this, she’s always curious regarding that specific emotion. And then Josh came along who stirred emotions that Acacia has never felt before. She becomes dangerously attracted to him, and even though she knows the consequences of her actions, she still continued walking down that thorny path, if it means being with Josh.
                I really love Greek mythologies, and my favorite myth is the story of Cupid and Psyche. I’ve read it over and over again and I haven’t got tired of it yet! When The Unseelienerd told me about this, I was excited to read it when I saw that it’s about Eros.
                The book started a bit slow for me. What I didn’t liked here was there were very few dialogues (because when reading books, the dialogue parts are the ones that I enjoy reading). There were more descriptions and thoughts from the main character. I’m also not a big fan of too much description because I feel like my imagination has been limited. But other than that, the flow of the story is fine. The love at first sight is a bit cliché for me as well because most of the YA books I’ve read have that theme. The character I loved the most in this book is Luca. He’s hot and sweet, even though he’s one of the guards in the underworld.
                Over-all, this book is a light read for me. I feel neutral about this one. I don’t exactly love it, and I don’t hate it as well.

I give this book 3 whales






No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs