Friday, July 13, 2012

Review ARC: Cold Fury by T.M Goeglein

Title: Cold Fury 
Author: T.M Goeglein
Published: July 24th by Putnam Juvenile
Book Description:
Jason Bourne meets The Sopranos in this breathtaking adventure

Sara Jane Rispoli is a normal sixteen-year-old coping with school and a budding romance--until her parents and brother are kidnapped and she discovers her family is deeply embedded in the Chicago Outfit (aka the mob).

Now on the run from a masked assassin, rogue cops and her turncoat uncle, Sara Jane is chased and attacked at every turn, fighting back with cold fury as she searches for her family. It's a quest that takes her through concealed doors and forgotten speakeasies--a city hiding in plain sight. Though armed with a .45 and 96K in cash, an old tattered notebook might be her best defense--hidden in its pages the secret to "ultimate power." It's why she's being pursued, why her family was taken, and could be the key to saving all of their lives.

Action packed, with fresh, cinematic writing, Cold Fury is a riveting and imaginative adventure readers will devour
. 
 

My Thoughts:


Cold Fury made me want to watch the sopranos again!  This book is full of yummy goodness that will appeal to suspense and action lovers. The story will take you to the daunting streets of Chicago. Get ready for the twists and secrets that will put you on the edge of your seat. This book is fast paced!

The story is about Sara Jane’s quest to find her family and to discover the secrets behind the Rispoli Clan. She thought she had a normal life.  She didn’t expect to be a daughter of a mafia! Her uncle had betrayed her; parents and brother are missing and mean assassins are looking for her.  Will she be able to her find her family?  Are they still alive? You have to read this book to find out.

The world building is very good! I feel like I was watching a movie. The scenes are very cinematic! The part when Sara Jane watched her dad mauled by a guy in ski mask from a recorded camera made my heart pump so fast. It was gripping! The author did a great job keeping the readers glued to the book too. There were many questions and secrets that were yet to be revealed. I find myself thirsty for answers! I simply want to squish the book to get the answers right then and there. Instead, I patiently tried to control myself and let the story unfold. This book is a page turner.

The characters are vibrant and well developed. Sara Jane reminds me of Katniss and a bit of Harry Potter. She’s my favorite character here.  I love how she’s independent and courageous. She won’t stop until she finds her family, all in one piece.  I love her strong personality too! Willy is my second favorite. I love his perception in life. They way the author wrote the book, impressed me. Cross-gender narration is not easy. I give him two thumbs up for pulling it off. I enjoyed Sarah Jane as a character! How the author / Sarah narrates her life, past and present made this book an enjoyable read.

As for the love angle, this book has little romance it in. I must confess that I’ am disappointed. I love books that can make my knees weak due to the sugary dialogues and chivalrous acts. This book gave me none.

Overall, this book is a marvelous read! Cold Fury will satisfy the reader’s hunger for action and suspense. I can’t wait to read the second book!

I give this book 4 splashing whales.




6 comments:

  1. What a super cute blog! I need to make mine more themed... Found your site on Goodreads Bloggers Club.

    I'm a new follower via GFC.

    Would love you to stop by my new blog (almost a month old!), Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina,
      Welcome to the blogging world.Thanks for stopping by :) We already saw your lovely blog.

      -Book Whales Team

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to hear that you liked this one! It sounds really good. I'm going to have to check it out! Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystianna,
      Get a copy of this book! You won't regret it. Thanks for stopping by.

      -Book Whales Team

      Delete
  3. I'm dying to read this book! Thank god it's almost July 24th already! You actually sold me this book! Awesome review!

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay,
      Glad you like my review! and thanks for stopping by :D

      -Dannielle/ TheUnseelieNerd

      Delete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs