Thursday, August 30, 2012

REVIEW: PRETTY LITTLE LIARS #1 BY SARA SHEPARD

Title: Pretty Little Liars #1
Author: Sara Shepard
Published: October 1st 2006 by HarperCollins Publishers
Book Description:
Three years ago, Alison disappeared after a slumber party, not to be seen since. Her friends at the elite Pennsylvania school mourned her, but they also breathed secret sighs of relief. Each of them guarded a secret that only Alison had known. Now they have other dirty little secrets, secrets that could sink them in their gossip-hungry world. When each of them begins receiving anonymous emails and text messages, panic sets in. Are they being betrayed by some one in their circle? Worse yet: Is Alison back? A strong launch for a suspenseful series.



My Thoughts:


Got a secret can you keep it? Book Hoarder is reading a full blown girl novel. LOL. It's very weird for me to read this kind of genre I must say. I was hesitant to read it but since I am watching the TV Series, I decided I want to know what the original story is so here I am reading the books. (Wait Mortal Instruments is not a girls book to me since for me I really categorize it as supernatural) 

It is a surprise to read girls book because it was easy very easy to read and understand. Compared to my usual books like Percy Jackson. Easy to follow to the storyline so it is easy to grasp what Sara Shepard likes to tell.

Book 1 is a little bit on the calm before the storm. "A" is milder on her schemes and it is enjoyable to read all the secrets of the characters.

My main focus is finding out who the people are behind "A" but in this first part not so much is revealed. The story progressed only a little and the ending is something the reader will know just by reading the first chapters. All in all Book 1 is predictable and it ends abruptly. Ending is not also on the cliffhanger type but it makes you want to continue reading the rest.

I give it a 3.5 whales



3 comments:

  1. I love this series! But I have to say, I love the show just a little bit more ;) OMG did you see this past Tuesday's episode??? I nearly died!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @liliana yeah reading the books and watching the series I agree with you the show has much more twists and turns compared to the book. haha.. the summer finale was intense. did not expect him to be part of A-team
      -Book Hoarder-

      Delete
    2. Yeah...I still can't believe it. I mean, he creeped me out ever since the start...but still! Oh I cant wait for webisodes online!

      I've read only the first 4 books and I'm actually about to start Pretty Little Secrets then book 5. I find it confusing reading the books and watching the shows at the same time, so after every season is over I read the corresponing book, LOL. I'm excited!

      Delete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs