Friday, October 05, 2012

Review: Inbetween by Tara Fuller

Title: Inbetween
Author: Tara Fuller
Published:  August 28th 2012 by Entangled Teen
Book given taken from Netgalley
Book Description:
Since the car crash that took her father’s life three years ago, Emma’s life has been a freaky — and unending — lesson in caution. Surviving “accidents” has taken priority over being a normal seventeen-year-old, so Emma spends her days taking pictures of life instead of living it. Falling in love with a boy was never part of the plan. Falling for a reaper who makes her chest ache and her head spin? Not an option.

It’s not easy being dead, especially for a reaper in love with a girl fate has put on his list not once, but twice. Finn’s fellow reapers give him hell about spending time with Emma, but Finn couldn’t let her die before, and he’s not about to let her die now. He will protect the girl he loves from the evil he accidentally unleashed, even if it means sacrificing the only thing he has left…his soul.




MY THOUGHTS:


I love reapers and a story where love can surpass heaven and hell. Yep, I’ am a sucker for that kind of story. So when I saw In Between, I know that I have to read it. The story is gripping and downright sad. The love story will definitely give you heartache.

The plot kind of reminds me of Fallen but with reapers on it. Despite the similarities, this book is unique on its own. Okay, I’ll start telling you the plot without any spoilers. Emma’s life is quite difficult, after the death of her father. She’s also haunted by her dreams, where she sees familiar images. The story took a great turn when Finn saved her from the car accident. Yes, a reaper saved her and saving her has consequences. Who is Allison? Can Finn fully protect her from her overpowering fate?

The world building was okay. It may have some similarities from other books but Inbetween can still stand on its own. I like how the author made this book an easy read. It was not complex and perplexing. There were no confusing moments for me. Though, the transitioning is a bit slow. I find myself bored in some parts of the story. I wanted the twist to be revealed or simply to get through the unnecessary scenes. But the twist and ending was worth the wait, it was one of those where you need tissues.

The character building is good. You get to know each side since it was written in dual perspective. It’s weird; I connected to Finn more than Allison. Finn’s character is raw. I felt his sorrow and loneliness. I totally understand why he did that – can’t tell you what he really did- His selfishness sort of made me attached to him. Emma as a character is sweet and fragile. Every reader, like me will feel protective of her. She’s very likeable like the other characters such as Cash, Scout and Anaya. Read this book to find out more about them.

The love angle is good. Their relationship is realistic and very sweet. Prepare to have a cavity! It was heartwarming!

Overall, this book is great read. I recommend this book to paranormal lovers, who like to get teary eyed. I will keep an eye on Tara Fuller from now on. I can’t wait to read another book from her.

I give this book 3 soul reaping whales. 

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't the biggest fan of this one. I agree with you, I did occasionally find myself wanting to just get through the unnessecary parts. I connected with Finn more than Allison too, so I really wanted to just skip through her scenes a lot. I really liked Cash and Anaya and can't wait to see what was going on with them! I'm glad you liked this book though. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesse,
      Glad we're on the same page on this one. Thanks for stopping by Jesse :D

      -Dannielle

      Delete

We really appreciate it if you can leave a comment and tell us what you think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs